Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cecilia blogs about Thailand


Hello all! I just got through an exhausting day of school. I taught a class in the morning and one in the afternoon and the students have so much energy that it's hard to keep up.

I have been in Phitsanulok, Thailand for three nights and I am slowly getting used to the routine 6 o'clock wake-ups and heavy meals. The food here, as mentioned, is very delicious. I think I've said the word, "aroy!" (delicious) too many times to count. I have also been told that the King of Fruit resides in Thailand! It is called, "durian" and it tastes fairly sweet.. but the smell 0_0, the smell is another story :). The Thai people joke about the bad smell of the durian a lot and once one smells it, one could probably understand. The Queen of fruit, one I have not tried yet, is the "mangosteed."Read more.

AFS offers year, semester and summer programs to Thailand.




No comments: