Friday, November 7, 2008

AFSer Sarah: How to say 'Happy Birthday' in Ecuador



Hola everyone, sorry I haven´t written in a while! I´ve been so busy! (that's good though!)

My 16th birthday was yesterday! Yay it was nice and cool, which was nice for me :) At school everyone was so cool - they all came up and gave me hugs and wished me a feliz cumpleaños and many more. the people in my class were like -- she needs a cake! she needs a cake! 50 cent everyone! Then they went out and bought a cake and brought it to my class! They sang and I blew out the candles. Then they said, "take a bite out of the side of the cake now! go ahead!" and I was like "okay.." So I leaned down to take a bite -- and they pushed my face into the cake! I had frosting all over my face! Haha! It turns out it is a tradition at every birthday in Ecuador! Read more.

AFS offers year, semester and summer programs to Ecuador.

No comments: