Thursday, November 6, 2008

AFS Amy: From New Jersey to Iceland


As you can probably tell from the title of this, life here is good! I am not constantly traveling to some different part of Iceland; I am not going to museums and shows every day; instead I am just living a daily life. I am in between a local and a tourist, and it is really interesting. I see things differently than the Icelanders because of my different background and values (and literally see things differently because things here are so much more pretty than in dirty Jersey!) yet I also understand things better than tourists because I am learning so much about how things work here and I am not seeing an Iceland that has been put together for me by a tour company...Read more.

AFS offers year programs to Iceland.

No comments: