Friday, October 10, 2008

AFSer Geoff: Health Care in Argentina


The attitude towards making a trip to the doctor is so passive here that my host mom actually suggested that I take a trip to the hospital to see the renovations.This attitude also extends to all specialties of medicine.

I read in a New York Times essay that something like 1/3 of children in Buenos Aires go to see a psychologist on a regular basis, and it's not because they're crazy. I can't say this hasn't worn off on me. I have a bad sunburn on my nose and might just make a trip to the dermatologist after I buy a newspaper...Read more.

AFS offers year, semester and summer programs to Argentina. Spots are still available for Spring 2009 Departures to Argentina!

1 comment:

angelinjones said...

Serious medical problems requiring hospitalization and/or medical evacuation to your country of origin can cost thousands of dollars. Private physicians, clinics and hospitals often expect immediate cash payment for health services.
----------------------------------
angelinjones
messsage marketing