Friday, August 15, 2008

Eric Preps for Turkey


So the day finally came when I found out where I would be living for the next year. ISTANBUL. Yes Istanbul, once Byzantium, later Constantinople, and currently Istanbul. Once considered to be the center of the world. How lucky can I get?

I'll be a member of the Kara family for the next year. Eric Kara so to speak. I'll have a host brother named Ilbars and a host sister named Ekin. My host mother speaks fluent english, though I really don't want to use that as a crutch. I will learn Turkish, I will! I'm living in the Beykoz District which is on the Asia half of Istanbul, right on the coast. It is the most peaceful district in Istanbul and is still full of nature and such. So I have the woods at home and the city next door. In the past I've been terribly nervous, but today I am so excited to go. Read more.

AFS offers year and summer programs to Turkey.




No comments: