Friday, June 19, 2009

AFS Exchange Student Chevelle: Reflecting on her Spring Semester in Italy



During my time here in Italy I have crossed paths with many different people. In what feels like too short a time, our paths will take us all far from one-another. I fear that our paths may never cross again, but those I have walked with these five months have shared a very important experience with me. An experience I can never forget. An experience I do not want to forget. Read more.

AFS offers year, semester and summer programs to Italy.



1 comment:

Carla said...

I believe that going to a country to study for a semester is much better than just going for two weeks as a tourist. If you stay for six months, you really immerse yourself in the other country´s society and start seeing things the way they do. Besides, if you stay for little time you have to stay in a hotel and that makes people lose some sense of reality. Hotels are like bubbles where everything is done for you. Last year I travelled to Argentina to study. I rented Buenos Aires real estate: an apartment with a beautiful view to the Palermo Lakes. Living in a building full of Argentineans made me feel part of them, not an outsider. It was great to share small talk in the elevator, some would not even notice I was a foreigner!