Wednesday, May 13, 2009

AFS Exchange Student Amy: Icelandic Horses and Election Day



Saturday, was a pretty awesome day, personally for me, and also for all of Iceland. I went on a horseback riding trip with AFS, and it also happened to be election day where all the seats in the Alþing (parliament/legislature) were voted on.

Lara, an exchange student from Austria living in a town an hour outside of Reykjavík, came to my house the night before so she could stay here and be able to meet in Reykjavík for the horse trip. Then we woke up pretty early on Saturday morning so we could get to the AFS office at 9 for the trip. Then we met there, and got in cars to go to Hveragerði, a town like 45 minutes away. When we arrived in Hveragerði, we went to Eldhestar (the horse company which means like “fire” or “volcano” horses. There, we were a group of people from maybe 15 different countries, taught by Swedish people how to ride Icelandic horses. Icelandic horses are REALLY special! Read more.

AFS offers year programs to Iceland.



1 comment:

Collegegirl said...

Nice icelandic scenes,Excellent blog, nice post. I love the contents and thoughts. I am so proud to vote for this beautiful blog. I VOTED FOR YOU, I hope many friends like Danaty, Freearticle, Fengshui, chinafan, freearticle will Vote for u. I expect your valuable suggestions about
my favorite Business Blog. I hope you will grace me with your precious Vote.Just copy this link to your browser
http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/69551